This temporary visa is for people with business skills. It lets you operate a new or existing business in Australia. You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply. You can also add children to your application at any time before a decision is made on your application. You may be eligible to apply for a permanent Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888) Business Innovation stream.
In order to satisfy the basic eligibility criteria, You must
- score at least 65 on the points test
- give us proof of your business success (annual turnover, ownership stake)
- have total net business and personal assets of at least AUD800,000
Meet your business obligations
While in Australia you must:
- maintain substantial ownership interest in a business in Australia
- participate, at a senior level, in the day-to-day management and decision-making of that business
In the business, you must do at least one of these things:
- develop business links with international markets
- employ people in Australia
- export Australian goods
- produce goods or services that would otherwise be imported
- introduce new or improved technology, or
- add to commercial activity and competitiveness within the Australian economy
During your stay, we might survey you about your business activities in Australia.
Follow Australian workplace laws
All workers in Australia (including visa holders) have rights and protections at work. Pay rates and workplace conditions are set by Australian law.
If you operate a business in Australia, you must comply with workplace laws. The Pay and Conditions Tool (PACT) can help you with pay rates, shift calculations, leave arrangements and notice and redundancy entitlements.