This visa allows you to take part in workplace-based occupational training activities to improve your skills for your job, area of tertiary study, field of expertise or in a professional development training program in Australia
You must be sponsored by an approved training activities sponsor. Your sponsor must have nominated you to participate in a program of occupational training unless your sponsor is a Australian Commonwealth Government agency or you must be invited by the Commonwealth Government agency. Nomination requirements are different depending on the purpose or type of training.There are 3 types of occupational training covered by this visa
- Occupational Training – Required for registration
- Occupational Training -To improve skills in an eligible occupation,
- Occupational Training – For capacity building overseas. (This includes overseas qualification, government support or professional development).
Nomination is the stage where the sponsor provides details about the nominee (intended trainee), the purpose or type of training and how and where the training will be provided.
Initial consultation will determine your eligibility about this visa. This depends upon number of factors which may include but not limited to
- You must be sponsored
- Be nominated (unless your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
- You must be invited (if your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
- You must be 18 year or older at the time of decision of the application
- Meet health requirements
- Meet character requirements
- Must have adequate health insurance
Overall process may be like
Our experience counsellors can advise you about the eligibility of your proposed visa and create a strategy to gain the best possible outcome.