Visa Summary

This visa allows aged parents who are in Australia on a temporary basis and who have children living in Australia, to live in Australia for two years. You cannot extend or renew this visa.

If you are granted this visa and want to live in Australia permanently, you must apply for a permanent visa before this temporary visa expires. Once you are in Australia, you can only apply for one of the following substantive visas:

  • Contributory Parent (Residence) visa (subclass 864)
  • Protection (permanent) visa
  • Medical Treatment (temporary) visa.

This visa requires that you be sponsored by your child, or another eligible sponsor in Australia.

Apply Today