This visa allows recent graduates of selected overseas universities to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in occupations in demand in Australia.
As a holder of this visa, you may apply for permanent residence at any time if you are able to meet the passmark on the General Skilled Migration points test.
This visa allows recent engineering graduates to live, work or study in Australia for up to 18 months. You must have completed a degree or higher qualification from a specified institution within the past 2 years, and be under 31 years of age.
You might be able to get a Skilled — Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) if:
- you are younger than 31 years of age
- you have completed an eligible engineering qualification from a recognised institution in the past two years
- you have not held a Skilled — Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) or a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) before (unless you were a member of the family unit)
- you can demonstrate your English language ability
- you meet health and character requirements.
Your engineering qualifications
In the two years before you apply, you must have completed one of the following qualifications in engineering:
- bachelors degree
- masters degree
- doctoral degree
- postgraduate diploma.
Your qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialisation in engineering, such as:
- civil engineering
- structural engineering
- chemical engineering
- environmental engineering
- electrical and electronics engineering
- mechanical, production and plant engineering
- mining and material engineering.
Apply for initial assessment to find out more