This visa allows you to enter or remain in Australia on the basis of your married or de facto relationship with your partner:
- on a temporary visa (usually for a waiting period of approximately two years from the date you applied for the visa)
- on a permanent visa if, after the waiting period (if applicable), your partner relationship still exists and you are still eligible for this visa.
Your partner must provide sponsorship for you.
Who is this visa for?
This visa is for you if you want to enter Australia on the basis of your relationship with your partner. Your partner must be one of the following:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident
- an eligible New Zealand citizen.
Initial consultation will determine your eligibility about this visa. This depends upon number of factors which may include but not limited to
- Sponsorship requirements
- Nature of the relationship
- Eligible supporting witnesses of the relationship
- Partner’s proof of usual residence in Australia
- Character requirements
- Previous relationships/sponsorships and any children from previous relationship
- Evidence of genuine and continuing relationship
Note: As the partner or fiancé of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you do not have an automatic right of permanent residence in Australia. If you want to reside permanently in Australia you must first apply for a permanent visa and be assessed against the legal criteria for the grant of that visa.
Overall Process May Look Like
Apply for initial assessment to find out more